The Man Cave

Just a Friendly few talking crap about most anything!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome friend, join us in the fun Just a old burned out atv site with a few that keep hanging on, post a joke, see hot pic of the day or post in the 2 word game or the ABC game, join in!

Share | 

Georgia trys to screw us, agin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunrunner
Admin

PostSubject: Georgia trys to screw us, agin   Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm

In Ga, we have two kinds of vehicle tags, standard ones and specialty ones. It started with what was called "Prestige tags" and you paid a 25.00 one time fee to have one made with up to 7 letters, most sates have these. Then in about 1992 the state decided that now the cost to renew it would be 25.00 per year in addition to the standard 20.00 fee that is already charged as a tag fee. So i told them to stick it and went back to the free( you still have to pay 20.00 every year) standard tag. Then some years latter they came out with "specialty tags" these you pay for once and a part of the money is donated to that special fund. They now have thousands of them ranging from colleges,every charity you can think off, police, fire and military ones, and on and on. I felt the Wildlife was a good one, they donated the majority of the 25.00 one time fee to the Ga. wildlife fund so i bought one for me and one for my wife, and was not suppose to pay anything else till the time came for georgia to change to a new plate. ( we have had the same style since 2003) Well a few years ago they started charging a small, fee to renew these but said all of it would be donated to the wildlife fun d so i kept them. Well I just got my tag renewal and found a 35.00 fee in addition to the regular 20.00 tag fee to renew my wildlife tags. So i did a little research and found it was something not published in papers or covered in the news but done behind closed doors by the out going governor sonny perdue, and now the higher fee was going mostly to the state except for a measly 5 bucks. Well they can kiss my ass again, and i will run standard tags and hope everyone that has one will tell the state of Georgia to kiss theirs too!!! I will spend that 70.00 in the state of Tn toward buying my windrock or brimestone pass.

fourplay

PostSubject: Re: Georgia trys to screw us, agin   Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Just another way to pad some politicians pockets...

Back to top Go down
Gunrunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Georgia trys to screw us, agin   Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:13 pm

yes it is, what pisses me is ive had my tags since 2003, the new law and fee should only apply to tags bought after the date in 2010 when they passed it. tuttut

Bigg Bubba
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Georgia trys to screw us, agin   Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 pm

i have prestige tags too... thats gonna hurt...
i may do it one time.. we'll see next year what happens

Winch by WARN
Member & Originator of TEAM BUBBA
Go Bubba Go!!! !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Georgia trys to screw us, agin   

Back to top Go down

Georgia trys to screw us, agin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1